Centre For Development Of Stones
Export Development Assistance Scheme
1. The Scheme
Export Development Assistance (EDA) Scheme is envisaged to act as a catalyst to promote India’s export of dimensional stones on a sustained basis. The scheme is formulated to assist CDOS members in accessing newer export markets and increasing the share of existing markets on a sustained basis, upgradation of technology and adoption of newer technologies etc.
Assistance would be provided to CDOS members engaged in production and / export of stones, stone products and machinery /tools/ consumables etc. for participation/ visits in international stone fairs abroad for exhibiting their products/ services, participating in buyer-seller meets or trade delegations, interacting with other participating exhibitors and visitors etc. with a view to enhance business opportunities and export promotion.
The main objectives of participation by CDOS members in various international trade fairs would be:
- International exposure to CDOS members regarding global stone trade, trade practices, new markets and machinery and other relevant issues.
- To penetrate and explore new markets for Indian dimensional stones.
- Meeting with sector specific institutions/ organizations, major players of stone industry and press dealing with stone industry with a view to establish long term linkages.
- To undertake image promotion of Indian dimensional stones in the International market.
- Capacity building of CDOS and its members through liasioning / meeting with important trade bodies and other agencies in stone sector and establishing linkages with them for future cooperation.
- To promote joint ventures, technology transfer and collaborations in the field of dimensional Stone Industry.
- Dissemination of information about Indian Stone Industry and activities being carried out by CDOS including India Stonemart exhibition.
The following international stone fairs are identified under the Scheme for financial year 2023-24.
|S.No.||Name of Exhibition||Duration||Location|
|1||Coverings 2023||April 18-21, 2023||Orange County Convention Center,
Orlando, Florida, USA
|2||28th MarbleIzmirFair – 2023||April 26-29, 2023||Izmir, Turkey|
|3||Xiamen Stone Fair -2023||June 05 – 06, 2023||Xiamen, China|
|4||14th The Natural Stone Show||June 06 – 08, 2023||Excel, London|
|5||23rd Stone Industry – 2023||June 27 – 29, 2023||Moscow, Vdnkh, Russia|
|6||57th Marmomac – 2023||Sept. 26 – 29, 2023||Verona, Italy|
|7||Stone Tech Canada||Oct. 25-26, 2023||Toronto, Canada|
|8||7th Marble Block Fair – 2023||Oct. 25-28, 2023||Bursa, Turkey|
|9||33rd Saudi Build 2023||Nov. 06 – 09, 2023||Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Delegation organized by the FICCI to emerging markets will also be covered under the purview of EDA scheme in addition to the international stone fairs as above.
3. Assistance envisaged under the Scheme
- A maximum ceiling of Rs. 50,000/- (fifty thousand) per member per event or 50% of the actual air fare, whichever is less, is fixed for participation in international stone fair under EDA Scheme in USA and Brazil.
- A maximum ceiling of Rs. 35,000/- (Thirty five thousand) per member per event or 50% of the actual air fare, whichever is less, is fixed for participation in all other international stone fair under EDA Scheme except in the fairs as mentioned at (i) above.
- Applicant should have membership of CDOS, other than annual membership, for a minimum period of one year on the date of application.
- Applicant should be engaged in the field of mining/ processing/ production and / or export of dimensional stones / stone products/ stone machinery/. Necessary registration certificate of competent authority would be required as proof of field of activity.
- Applicant should have a business turnover of minimum Rs.25.00 lacs in the preceding financial year. Certified copy of Balance Sheet and P&L Account of the preceding year by a Chartered Accountant would be required.
- Only one representative of the member company/ firm will be entitled for the financial assistance in a particular fair.
- One CDOS member will be eligible for participation in maximum two events in a financial year and maximum participation of three times in a particular fair/ exhibition.
- Maximum of 15 participants in a particular trade fair would be eligible for assistance under this scheme.
5. Administration of the Scheme
- The scheme will be administered by CDOS and budget allocation for EDA scheme will be made every year subject to a maximum limit of Rs.15.0 lacs per annum.
- Events eligible for financial assistance, in a particular financial year shall be decided by a committee consisting of following:CEO, CDOS Vice Chairman, CDOS
- CDOS will circulate approved events in a particular financial year to its members well in advance.
- Interested members will submit their application for participation in the approved events in prescribed format as per Annexure-1 to CDOS at least 21 days prior to the commencement of the event.
- All the applications received shall be considered by CDOS in next seven days and the selected applicants shall be communicated accordingly.
- In case the number of applicants are more than the maximum permissible limit under this scheme i.e. fifteen participants per event, then preference will be given in following order:
- First time participant under the Scheme
- Woman entrepreneur
- Tiny/ Micro entrepreneur
- Oldest member of CDOS
In case applicants are more than the maximum of 15 at any stage of above criteria except (iv), selection will be made by draw of lots for that particular criteria.
- Reimbursement claim in prescribed format as per Annexure-2 shall be submitted by the participant member to CDOS along with under mentioned papers immediately on return to India after completion of the event but positively within 30 days.
- Brief report about the activity undertaken and achievements made.
- Legible photocopy of passport highlighting the entries about departure from and arrival into India and also the countries visited. In case passport does not have legible arrival/ departure dates, some documentary evidence such as hotel bills, boarding pass etc. be submitted.
- Original air ticket with fare details (E-ticket) used for the journey.
- All boarding passes.
- Proof of visit the exhibition: Entry badge/ photograph visiting exhibition.
- Wherever wide variation in air fare claimed by participants for a particular exhibition is noticed, averaging of the lowest and highest fares will be made for determining maximum eligibility of assistance under the scheme. However the average air fare or 50% of the actual fare, whichever is less, will be reimbursed under EDA Scheme.
- All participants will be required to follow the guidelines of the scheme strictly, including requirement of submitting e-tickets of the travel undertaken with fare details and proper receipt from the agency for amount of fare. No relaxation will be allowed in normal course and the claim will not be entertained without fulfilling all the guidelines of the scheme.
Participate in CDOS